23 August 2007

Disney Pricess Cake

I can't believe I almost forgot this story!!!

Let's just say that when going to Albertsons to get a cake for her 3rd birthday party, Sonnet fell in love with a cake they said was discontinued (hint hint Bakery People... take it out of your catalog). She took it so well, but I was determined to make her one very happy little princess. I found the kit on-line (ebay) and had it overnighted to me by the absolute nicest bakery supply lady you could ever imagine... Sweet Grace's is her shop (Northern California). She sent recipes for the cake and icing and cake glaze and how-to's for cake decorating and so on! It was awesome. Then I visited a cake supply shop locally to get the tools... this cake turned out to be VERY expensive so if you need a princess castle birthday cake, let me know... would love to make use of various things I purchased in order to make it!

I baked and glazed the cakes the night before and we took the cakes to Grammy & Papa's house the next day, set them up and iced them while Sonnet napped and then Grammy, Sonnet, & I iced it together... I think that might have been the best part! It was a big hit and plenty cake for our big ole' family. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turned out GREAT! I happened to run across this as I was looking for a photo of this cake. My daughter had it for her first birthday (40 dollars was not worth it!! Since she got her own little cake to eat) But there was no photo taken of it!