10 October 2007

Tryin' it tomorrow: Hoisin Pork Medallions

Courtesy of Anne at work, who Katie and I have taken up many-a-conversations about cooking...

Cooking spray
1-tablespoon dark sesame oil
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, cut crosswise into ½ inch thick slices
6 tablespoons water
1/3 cup dry sherry
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
2 cups hot cooked long-grain rice, cooked without salt or fat
¼ cup sliced green onions
Cilantro springs (optional)

1. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; add oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add pepper and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add pork, cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove pork from skillet. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.

2. Combine water and next 3 ingredients in skillet; cook over medium heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return pork to skillet, turning to coat. Place rice on a platter; spoon pork mixture over rice, and sprinkle with green onions. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired. Yield; 4 servings (serving size; 3 ounces pork and ½ cup rice).

Per serving: CAL 303 (23% from fat); PRO 27.1 g; FAT 7.9g (sat 1.9g); CARB 29.1g; FIB 1g; CHOL 79mg; IRON 2.6mg; SOD 195mg; CALC 34mg

2 comments:

Lori said...

SOOOOO, how was it?!

Deborah said...

Yum! Great blog! Thanks for visiting my blog! With regard to my Santa card and the chipboard sentiment be merry you asked about, I bought it at my local scrapbook store in a little basket upon check out. I am so sorry that I am not more help! It was the only one I had or I would send you one! Deb