03 October 2007

A little help from Sonnet...

So since we've embarked upon this culinary journey, Sonnet has found great joy in helping. She always asks me to "save a part for her", which is pretty cool! This started when we tried a recipe I got out of the Costco Connection Magazine (of all places! I think it was in the June/July edition across from an article about buying a grill). It was a greek style lemon-herb chicken skewer thing with tzaziki sauce. The tzaziki sauce was the real draw, although I will say their recipe for tzaziki sucked... still searching for a truly good recipe. I'll keep you posted if I find one.

However, a couple posts ago, I mentioned the thing I "created" was a rendition on an earlier theme. This recipe is where I got the idea for the marinade in the one I posted earlier today.

Marinade:
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Lemon zest
Red Pepper flakes
Parsley
Mint I think?
Cilantro
Garlic
Apple Cider vinegar
Other stuff? can't remember

Sonnet helped by adding the stuff that I chopped up to the mix and then mixing the chicken around...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Marinated and Cubed the chicken breast tenders and stuck em on skewers
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Grilled em up nice and easy... (PS I need a new grill next summer... squatting before a grill for more than about 10 seconds is for the birds... and I don't mean chicken)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was tasty, but Sonnet said it was too spicy... maybe I will make it a little milder next time... less red pepper and cilantro or something.

Since then, she always wants to have a hand in making dinner... the other night we made "Saturday Special" aka "Not-Taco-Salad-but-Not-Nachos" (Chips, chili, cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc) and she got to layer up the ingredients... fun stuff! :-)

1 comment:

Lori said...

HA!!!!!! I see you added "fire extinguisher" to your kitchen wish list!!!!!!! I'm dying over here... ROFL!!!!!!!!!