03 October 2007

So Behind... Let's Catch up: I CREATED!!!

Oh the details shall follow soon, but let me just tell you that I came up with the idea all by myself... a rendition of a theme I had tried previously.

Marinade:
EVOO
Lime Juice
Mexican seasoning
Cilantro
Red Pepper Flakes
Garlic
Apple Cider Vinegar
I can't remember what else... but that should be about it

Marinated Chicken breast tenders, lavishly coating them.
Laid them out on a baking rack over a baking pan and baked them for maybe 15 minutes (don't remember how long) at I dunno 350-ish degrees
Turned em over and basted and laid thin-slide roma tomatoes on them and then topped them with a layer of shredded monterey jack... mmmmm
Baked em just a little bit longer so the cheese got nice and melty

Served with...
Steamed brocolli; ooh and I added pre-grated carrot (the thick-ish kind?) to the brocolli along with some seasoning and topped that with a little shredded jack too (never thought it possible, but a little carrot makes brocolli taste even better!)
Black beans topped with yet a teeny bit more monterey jack

I had a little much lime in there but it was pretty tasty. Roma tomatoes I think really kicked it up? It was better the second day actually which was cool.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Lori said...

WHAT?! Too much lime?! This is bringing back thoughts of a Cinco de Mayo not too long ago... and your now-famous Lime-amole...